Sunday, April 25, 2010

Lucky Girl, Lucky Life

I suck at updating this blog lately. And, of course, I'm updating it now because I'm sitting at my computer trying to finish an assignment for school tomorrow. Therefore, I'm enjoying the distraction of writing for fun because the alternative is writing for a grade. Boo.

Today the weather is chilly and it's raining. It's okay, though. It's the April showers that bring May flowers; it's what fattens tree buds and teases out leaves and flowers and new life from wet bark. Today, I want nothing more than to snuggle up on my couch with another warm body and read a book. Sometimes, I crave words. I know that might sound silly, but it's because I love them. Think of something you love; a person, a food, a movie, or whatever it might be - don't you just need that sometimes? Like, you can't imagine moving forward with another task until you've gotten that fix. That's how I feel today - like I could devour a book, savor every word and every metaphor and every sentence.

If only I wanted to devour school-related assignments. I don't. I've been trying really hard lately to be the person I see myself becoming. I've been making conscious choices about myself and my life; I've been taking risks and learning new things about who I am and what I want and where I'm going. It's all this progression, you see, from point A to point B, and I'm not dragging my feet anymore. The odd trade I made for this behavior is that school is coming last. My efforts to expand beyond my normal range of experience has become what I focus on, not school. I want to see and do, not sit and learn. It's a bad thing. Maybe it's just spring fever. Maybe it's just my last "real" semester of grad school. Maybe it's just the voice in my head; maybe it's louder than everything else.

All I know is that I'm happy. Ridiculously so. I'm in love with my life and the people in it. I am so amazed every day at their loveliness, their honesty, their humor, and their kindness. I think of how blessed I am to have these friends and this family and it makes me so incredibly happy and grateful... and I feel lucky. I really do. I feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

It's chilly out, but I'm a lucky girl. I just wanna hug everyone. Squeeze 'em. Love 'em to bits and pieces. 

Oh, and just for the hellofit here's some Magnetic Poetry I wrote:

I mostly don't stop.
Like club music.

No comments:

Post a Comment