Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Making Up for Lost Time(s)

So, my plan for SftLO@H failed me last night when I couldn't post.

Now, I "couldn't" post because I was exhausted. And, in all honesty, I started the entry before I fell asleep, with my laptop, in bed, and this - literally - was the post:

I'm so, so tired; and I just realized that i haen' posted yet today. Pheeeeeseeem

Yeah.

I copied that from the "Drafts" of posts that Blogspot automatically keeps for its users.

Yikes, right? Talk about tired!

I tried, for a long time, to imagine how "Pheeeeeseeem" happened - I'm still not sure. I look at the keyboard... it doesn't make sense. Anyway, when I awoke, at three in the morning, my laptop was closed and laying next to me in bed.

I thought nothing of this.

My poor, poor hypothetical boyfriend is someday (maybe) going to have to understand that I sleep with that thing on the regs.

Sorry, Future Hypothetical Boyfriend, (Insert Name Here), and thanks for understanding.

Anyway. The point was this: I was supposed to post from "Songs for the Little Ones at Home," the book my Grammy loved and loved and loved when she was little.

So, I will be doing that tonight.

In addition, I have moved recently, and the magnetic poetry made it out of a box and back to my fridge - where it had been missing for a while. Anyway, if you've ever "unpacked" magnetic poetry - you know how tedious a job it is. But, while one does the unpacking, it's hard not to become a magnetic poet, right?

I was almost late to work today, and almost completely derailed tonight because of magnetic poetry.

So, I'm posting my collection of today's MagPoetry and I'm also posting one from SftLO@H.

Enjoy.

(Oh, and the titles were afterthoughts.)

Me & MagPoetry

At My Restaurant

your stare
is as sweet
as fluff

Sometimes

you play music
and
i recall a sad spring
together
i never have time
to think still
i do

Seagulls

what i love
about a stormy sea
is how most would trip & fall
under it
but we go there
to dream
of places in the sky

Homage

say TV
less
one

SftLO@H

Persevere

Go on, go on, go on, go on,
Go on, go on, go on,
Go on, go on, go on, go on,
Go on, go on, GO ON!

If that isn't the most cuckoo poem you've ever seen, I challenge you to find one.

3 comments:

  1. Preserve is tha kneeeeeeeezzzzz!! I love that!

    I also dig all your mag poems, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work! I love "Seagulls."

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Eric "tha kneeeeeezzzz" hahaha

    @ decay Thanks! Thank you for making my MagPoems possible & my fridge way less bland. (Yeah, I snooped your online identity.)

    ReplyDelete