Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Mom Mail, Modified

So, today is Wednesday, which means it's Mom Mail.

Though, I think today I'm going to spin the theme of Mom Mail a bit; usually I take an old email from my mom, but I've been going through a lot of paperwork in my unpacking and I found two letters that I'd like to share instead. I'm bending the rules a bit, because neither letter is from my mom, but one of the letters is written to me by my Grammy Ad, and the other is written by me to my Mom.

The theme is still intact - it's mail that involves moms, it's just not electronic, or written by my mother.

So, here's mine first:

(The back of the letter) Mom Open Only!

Dear Mom,

Thank you for making my bed. I really enjoyed making and eating that delicious dinner. I just felt like I shoud cook something. Ya'know likan inspuration. The reason I wanted you to sta in bed is because I thought it might be nice if I could make you som pancakes.

I'm sorry about that big fit I had that afternoon. But the bike ride was fun and the rest of the day was great

Love and xxxx's

Katie N.

The spelling errors are as they exist in the letter, as is the bold - which in the letter is drawn over a number of times. I have no idea how old I was when I wrote this, and I'm really not willing to even speculate. Worth noticing is the fact that I signed it "Katie N." Lest my mother get confused with her other daughter Katie.

Also not dated, this is Grammy Ad's letter. I cried... just a warning. But, she is my Grammy. I don't expect it to be as touching for you.

Dear Katie -

You've only been gone a short while and I miss you already - when you leave in the car I feel like running down the street saying come back, come back - Grammy is so glad you don't live far, far away - I am very lucky -

Grammy wants to thank you very, very much for all the lovely birthday presents - for my money - which I will put in my piggy bank - it was very generous of you to give it to Grammy because little girls don't have very many pennies -

I cooked up the apricots and they are delicious and I will think of Katie when I eat them -

I love my bracelet and will use my note pads right away because I need them very badly - especially that nice eraser - How did you know I would need a good one like that when I do my puzzles in the paper -

I hope your lip is better and that it doesn't hurt anymore -

I meant to show you some spiders I have outside my kitchen window - they are all in little houses that their mother built and someday they will come out and go off and have fun with the other spiders -

Grammy is sending you the cookies you like - I forgot to give them to you -

I had a wonderful birthday party - just about my very best because you and Daddy and Mommy were there - at our cookout!

Have fun in nursery school with all your friends and I will see you again before too long -

Big kisses and hugs to my very very special granddaughter

Grammy

X

Well, that's Grammy Ad. The most amazing person ever.

And, though I never noticed it before typing this - she apparently hates any and all punctuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment