Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Latest and Greatest


Twenty-six years is a long time.

It's one year for every letter of the alphabet. It's the number of miles in a marathon (thanks, Wikipedia) It's as old as this old-aged news-maker. It's as long as it took for this to happen.

It's as long as I've been me. It's as long as I've thought the way I think and acted the way I act.

It takes a lot to break patterns and habits that are twenty-six years old.

But, lately, my habits are changing.

It's for sure not a bad thing (I don't think). And, some of the things are totally insignificant, but still a bit odd that they have been happening on a regular basis.

So. Here's the breakdown:

1. I've been listening to music non-stop. I really don't watch television or movies anymore. I am connected to my iPod/laptop/stereo at all times.
2. I've been sleeping ridiculously well and have crazy, REM-induced dreams every night that I remember vividly upon waking.
3. I've been walking everywhere. To work, to breakfast, to the bank, to my appointments. (Yes, I have a car.)
4. I've been saving money. Not a lot of money... but more than is typical.
5. I've not been freaked out to sleep in the house alone. I even shut off all the lights at night when I go to bed. (Yes, I said I was 26, not six, but this is a big deal for me...)
6. I've been increasingly productive and creative.
7. I've been taking a lot of photos. Mostly on my walks, or randomly when something beautiful catches my eye.

For once I'm making positive changes instead of detrimental ones... and I think they're for real.


3 comments:

  1. YAYAYAYAY!!!!
    lets get drinks again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i already told you this, but i'm gonna make it public too, in regards to #5: i jam a wooden chair under my bedroom door when i have to sleep in my creepy house all by myself...

    psycho. right. hea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holla... we're both a wee bit crazy.

    Hence, we do all need to hang out again soon.

    We crazies gotta stick togetha. :)

    And, I mean "crazy" in the most loving of ways...

    ReplyDelete