Thursday, August 20, 2009

Read All About It

Today I became:

A) a Sunday subscriber to the Boston Globe.
B) an adult.
C) the latest thing to make my mother proud.
D) all of the above.

The answer, of course, is D.

My mother will be happy, because she gets happy with those sorts of things, and I feel very officially adult-like that on Sunday mornings I'll open my front door to a heavy Globe, wrapped up in a plastic bag like a little written-word-informational burrito. (A written-word-informational burrito? What the hell?)

Oh, for those who are interested, the College Subscription is ridiculously cheap. I think it's $1.50/week and they debit your card every four weeks.

Also, the newspaper is a dying art and in an attempt to support it, and my future as a writer and perhaps journalist, I decided to buy in. I would have gotten seven day service, but I don't have time to read them all...

I also did it because I can't bear to keep reading my news online... it's just not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment