Friday, February 19, 2010

Public Service Announcement & Personal Mantra

you've got to take control,
you don't leave it, don't leave it,
they'll say what they'll say,
don't listen, don't listen

Well, that's what this song told me. And, in all honesty, I listened to it at totally at random because I was feeling like I had encroaching writer's block and needed to find a starting point. And, I picked it because the band's name is Cassette Kids, and I feel a strong level of nostalgic recognition regarding anything or anyone involving a cassette. So. That's how I ended up with that lyrical set stuck in my head.

And, I think it's a good place to start. I mean, I do need to take control over this moment in particular - because as I start to write, I begin to understand my feeling of writer's block. It's not that there's a block because I don't have anything to say - there's just too much to say. I have too much to say. I should be grateful for that, I guess. Though, I'd be more apt to enjoy the writing process if all this information wasn't stuck in some sort of mental traffic jam inside my brain.

So. Take control. Write about it. Write about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment