Thursday, February 25, 2010

Twenty Four Hours

Unlike some people I did not meet the official blog deadline for my theme: Mom Mail Wednesdays. That being said, I'm rationalizing my late post as such - I'm still awake, so therefore it's still Wednesday. Eh? Yeah, I think it counts.

So, the post title is as such because my mom's birthday was yesterday, and mine is today. I didn't spend today like I would have liked to spend today... not even a little bit. But, I did get to see my Mom. And she gave me the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. Flowers that were in my kitchen until I got home tonight, saw that the irises were opening, and decided I wanted to wake up to them tomorrow; so, I brought them in my room.

Irises are my favorite flower. In any and ever color; but, especially the pale bluish/purplish colored ones. They smell like my childhood. And grape Dimeaptapp. So. Yeah... they straight up smell like my childhood.

Anyway. So, twenty four hours. That's all there is between me & Mum. And, originally, 27 years ago, the doctors wanted her to have a C-section on her birthday and she said, "No, I want her to have her own birthday," and put it off. And, I do. I do have my own birthday. But, regardless, there's nobody else I'd rather blow candles out with than my Mum.

Today, she hugged and squeezed me and handed me the vase of flowers and said, "Having you was the best birthday present I ever got." And, then I cried. Which apparently is the new trend. Me & Crying. So hot for spring.

Anyway. I just want to mention how rad my mom is. Again. And how lucky I am to share twenty four hours with her.

So, here you are. Without further ado: Mom Mail.

Date: 9/10/07
Subject: to my wonderful honeybunny

my darling kate, i just found some other old pics i meant to bring out for you and for karen as well, as some are from your eighth grade grad. and prom...anyway, i shall pop them in the mail some other day this week.
and, i sent off the sunday globe job section with the "ideas" section too, for there were some intersting articles in there i thought you might enjoy reading.
i hope you are making it through the day okay.
also, did julie have her baby?
i love you sooooo much and am so proud of the wonderful, smart and loving person you are....
xoxoxox,mom

Words I need to remind myself of every now and then. Wonderful... smart... loving...

Happy Birthday, Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment