Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Weeble Wobble

Do you remember that "Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down"? That's how I have felt since Monday.

For the entirety of this week, I've felt like I'm teetering on something. I'm neither happy nor sad; I'm neither hungry nor satiated; I'm neither bored nor busy.

I'm wobbly, but I'm not falling... yet.

Instead, I walk around weak-kneed I feel sensitive, I'm relatively dispassionate, I'm often angry, tired, stressed, complacent... you name it.

Today, on my way to work, I was at a red light and a girl drove by in a gold Chrysler; she was crying. Her face was contorted in a sob, her eyes hidden by sunglasses even though it was rainy out and she didn't need them. I couldn't help but wonder why she was crying, where she was going, and if she was going to be okay.

I wondered, then, if this is what people have been thinking about me lately as I walk around, emotionally wobbly but resistant.

Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down, and I won't either.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know what it is, but these days more and more people seem to feel exactly like you do. Is the world really decaying that much? If you find something that works for you, please let me know, I also want to laugh loudly :)

    ReplyDelete