Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What Not to Blog About

Okay... so, here's the deal: I started this blog for literary excersise. Like jumping jacks, you know? They're not the most well respected means of working out, but they still get the blood flowing & the heart pumping.

So what happens when what makes my heart pump isn't necessarily blog ready?

I started this blog under the (self) restriction that I wouldn't blog about really personal things. I'm just not ready for that yet, you know?

In a way, I kind of feel like Harriet the Spy; my notes are my life, but not everyone can read them & understand what they mean.

Poor Harriet, I feel for her.

2 comments:

  1. hello! i come by way of 20sb and I can relate to the reason why you started your blog b/c i started mine for basically the same reason. i used to write a lot when I was in college, but since i graduated i never write. And i don't know about you, but my writing is extremely personal and sometimes I don't want to put it out there for the whole world to see, so i tried to disguise my writing and pass it off as fiction so I feel better that when people read it they know it's not me, but just based on me. if anything, like you said it is good exercise and i've gotten into the routine of writing more regularly now and for that i'm grateful.

    good luck lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It certainly is helpful to her another writer's perspective. And, I like the way you write a fictitious non-fiction; it reads well.

    ReplyDelete