Friday, May 22, 2009

Downtown New Bedford, Friday @ 1:45PM

Dear Lady in a Convertible Wearing a Visor,

You just cut me off while driving, nearly causing an accident. The reason you weren't paying attention to where you were going was, ironically, another car accident.

This brings me to my next point, which is that I hate visors.

I hate them.

They are hats that don't have heads. I just don't understand them.

And, as most who know me can attest, I don't make a practice of hating that which I don't understand, but this is an exception. Visors are the exception.

If you are especially passionate about visors, maybe you could fill me on what makes them so awesome.

Also, please pay attention to where you are driving. Or, perhaps remove the visor so that your view is less obstructed.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Katie

2 comments:

  1. You should talk to some golfers about the visor thing. Golfers love visors. And pastel Polo shirts. And pleated khakis. And probably Crocks, too, when they're not golfing, that is. So I say, if you ever have any questions about awful, middle-class white fashion, consult a golfer.

    Additionally, I called the cops on a lady in New Bedford last summer because she was driving with a three year old STANDING UP in her front passenger seat, leaning out the window, playing on the dashboard, while she was chatting on her cell phone. She wasn't wearing a visor though; minimum relevance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent advice. I can think of a couple golfers I should consult.

    Also, in relation to your note about bad parenting/driving skills, a story: This past Monday, a woman came into my restaurant with her five-year-old daughter. The daughter wanted fries with her grilled cheese, the mother told her she had to have green beans. The daughter wanted dessert after her dinner, the mother denied her. Moments after they left, I saw them driving past the restaurant, presumably on their way to the YMCA around the corner for said swimming practice.

    The little girl was in the front seat of the Volvo SUV, not wearing a seatbelt, standing up.

    The moral of this story: French fries & sweets are a No No, but endangering your child's life in an SUV is totally cool.

    ReplyDelete