Thursday, May 14, 2009

Food Coloring


B says Ralph is getting really big. He is outgrowing his corner of the world. His green corner.

I think my adoration for the color green is taking over my life.

Is that so bad?

My mother gave me this chair and I was going to paint it. Green. Not anymore.

I relate colors to food. The living room walls are the color of the pea soup my mother made and I refused to eat when I was a kid. The pillows on the chair are the color of a crisp, spiny eggplant stalk. My couch is the color of an eggplant when it starts to age, when it's been left in the veggie drawer too long and the edges have started to gray and dull. My design inspiration for the entire room was... an artichoke.

My kitchen is the color of an egg. Creamy yellow and crisp white. Then there's the here-and-there red... like Tabasco. I always eat Tabasco with my eggs.

My room is the only thing I decorated in a theme not related to food. I wanted it to be like sleeping on a cloud; a mod-esque, vintage cloud. It is exactly that.

I like our home. So does Ralph.

Home, sweet home.

No comments:

Post a Comment