Monday, May 11, 2009

Sun Stream


I woke up early this morning. The dogs were eager to go out, and though I could have gone back to the warm, cozy bed that I left - I decided to stay awake and get some things done before I leave later today.

It wasn't hard to stay awake because - yay - it's sunny.

My favorite part about waking up early & waking up sunny is the way the sunlight filters through my blinds and streams into my house, permeating everything. I love the way it creeps over the roof of the house behind mine and sends little filtered fingers of light dancing and flickering through maple leaves. I love the way it can't quite reach the far corner of my living room just yet and it seeps through the slats of the blinds and the curtains that have been pulled aside and taunts my plants. (My jade plant - er, stalk - is literally growing horizontally as shown in this image. Poor Jade.)

I'm really glad it's nice out today, driving in bad weather is awful.

Speaking of driving, I need to work on today's ever-important playlist.

It's entitled: Road Trip in Three Parts or VT Via Rte. 3

Here's what I have so far:

1. Parentheses, The Blow
2. Mama, Coconut Records
3. Everything That Happens, David Byrne & Brian Eno
4. House Jam, Gang Gang Dance
5. Time To Pretend, MGMT
6. Just Impolite, Plushgun
.
.
.

It should be a lovely day.

-k.

No comments:

Post a Comment