Saturday, July 18, 2009

Good Morning, Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee, Marky & Tommy

Lately, I have been favoring my Ramones anthology disc two for breakfast. I push it in before my morning shower and the boys serenade me until I leave for work.

Many years ago, back when my little sister sported braces, I had dark-rimmed glasses, wore cardigans every day, and had super-short hai... oh, wait. Damn. Anyway - my sister was definitely in braces.

Ahem.

So, way back then, my dad, my sister, R and I went to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Ohio. We drove, those of us able to drive took turns at the wheel, and then we stayed in a hotel in Canton for a night or two when we got there.

It was awesome.

Anyway, besides that the featured exhibition was all about the Beatles, and pretty cool in and of itself, the Ramones had just been inducted. So, there was a plethora of Ramones paraphernalia everywhere you looked.

So with my pennies saved from my part time job, I bought the Hey Ho Let's Go two disc anthology. It was probably the most I had spent on one piece of music at that point in my life.

Anyway, now I only have disc two; disc one probably lingers somewhere in either R's or my sister's CD collection.

I suggest you try spending your early morning hours with The KKK Took My Baby Away, Psychotherapy, We Want the Airwaves, and - how apropos - It's Not My Place In the Nine to Five World.

It's motivating. And fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment