Sunday, July 19, 2009

Seen & Heard (or) How I Spent My Sunday

So, I worked a double at the restaurant today. Being a Sunday, it was fairly slow, but of course, we try to keep laughing, keep busy, and keep entertained.

The first laughter-to-tears moment of the day happened after M & I stopped for coffee & a bagel before heading in to work, which is part of our regular routine.

As we approached my car, I gestured to the passenger side rear window and exclaimed, "I'm so glad that the torrential rain on Friday night washed all the seagull poop off my car!"

Not three seconds later, a seagull missed M by mere inches and dirtied the very same window that had been recently rained clean.

How does this happen?

The second hysterical moment came when the first table of the day handed their dirty chowder cup to their server for her to clear, and told her that they put their topical steroid in there because they were done with it, but that there was more in the tube and so she should "feel free to use it for any bites or itches" if she needed it. Are these people serious?


Then, since I had the camera out to document the topical steroid incident, I couldn't resist another picture when, while M was cutting fruit, I happened upon this:

Love Sundays. Love watermelon.

No comments:

Post a Comment